H.E. Archbishop Adriano Bernardini was born in Pian di Meleto (Pesaro, Italy) on 13th August, 1942.
He was ordained priest on 31st March, 1968 for the Diocese of Rome.
Elected Titular Archbishop of Faleri and Apostolic Nuncio to Bangladesh on 20th August, 1992, he was ordained bishop on 15th November, 1992.
After doctoral degrees in Theology and Philosophy, he joined the Diplomatic Service of the Holy See in 1973 and served in the Papal Representations in Pakistan, Angola, Japan, Venezuela and Spain.
He was named Head of Mission in the following Papal Representatives:
* Chargé d’Affaires a.i. in the Apostolic Nunciature in China (Taiwan) on 7th January, 1989;
* Apostolic Nuncio to Bangladesh on 20th August, 1992;
* Apostolic Nuncio to Madagascar, Mauritius and Seychelles Islands with function of Apostolic Delegate to La Reunion and Comoros Islands on 15th June, 1996;
* Apostolic Nuncio to Thailand, Singapore and Cambodia, and Apostolic Delegate to Myanmar, Laos, Malaysia and Brunei on 24th June, 1999;
* Apostolic Nuncio to Argentina on 26th April, 2003.
On 11th November, 2011, he was appointed Apostolic Nuncio to Italy and San Marino. He presented his Credential Letters to the President of the Italian Republic on 2nd February, 2012 and to the Captains Regent of the Republic of San Marino on 3rd March, 2012.